BATMAN: Under The Japanese Influence!



I recently acquired 2 different Batman Graphics that I wanted to share that have a distinct "Japanese Look" about them. The 1st one is a cool pic drawn by a friend to the Bat-Blog named Sean Hartter. He's a very talented graphic artist who has recently been totally inspired by the whole "Batman 1960's Japan" era. He did this drawing of a strange-colored bootleg Batman toy & it's really great! You know the type of toy, they use weird colors to get around the whole copyright issue, funny! The artwork is wonderful ( Sean also sent the "Batman Toy Car" graphic that is in the Bat-Blog's header this week ). Now, the 2nd graphic is one I came across in a Japanese Message Board where they created a Fantasy-Batman character. It's sort of a "What If.." scenario. Like, "What If Batman were a Shogun Warrior-type character?". This is what somebody came up with & it's extremely cool! It's also very well drawn. The funny thing is I could not read ANYTHING there but did enjoy some nice artwork. In hindsight I wish I would have bookmarked it...Doh!